We CARE About You and Our Team
The CNS Cares Caregiver program makes you our direct employee – not a 1099 Independent Contractor. It is important to understand the difference when selecting your home care provider.
- Initial pay may seem higher but may not be after accounting for out-of-pocket costs for taxes, insurance, and health care benefits.
- NOT eligible for overtime pay or paid time off.
- Responsible for calculating federal, state and local taxes and paying them annually.
- Pays higher rates for Social Security and Medicare taxes – up to twice the amount.
- Must Self-Fund any retirement savings.
- Does NOT receive Workers’ Compensation insurance.
- NOT guaranteed payment for time training or for continued education.
- Holds ALL responsibility and risk exposure.
- Independent, working on their own.
- Employer pays half of the W-2 employees taxes resulting in higher annyal pay overall.
- Eligible for BOTH overtime pay and paid time off.
- Employer calculates and ensures withholding for federal, state and local taxes.
- Lower Social Security and Medicare taxes.
- Employer provides 401k matching contributions.
- Provided with Workers’ Compensation insurance.
- Provided paid training, support tools and materials, and continued education.
- Employer manages risk exposure.
- Part of a supportive team of caregivers.
Join the Team Who Cares
Don’t miss out on receiving compensation for the care and support you are already providing your loved one. Talk to our Care Team today!